Real In Depth Review: Burris 200437 MTAC 1-4 x 24 Illuminated Scope
When you are out in the field fighting with the enemies or shooting targets to win a medal for your nation, the last thing you would want is a scope that doesn’t help you acquire your destination quickly. For the three gun competitions, fast target acquisition is as important as the clarity of sight picture.The MTAC has been primarily designed to ensure that the scope can perform even in the adverse conditions of CQB (Close Quarter Battle) market. It should be able to sustain whatever you throw at it.
The Burris 200437 MTAC 1-4 x 24 Illuminated Scope comes from the house of one of the reputed makers of rifle scopes. Burris has maintained a high brand image continuously in the market for delivering quality scopes that are best for tactical use and demanding outdoors. Several hunters around the world prefer Burris scopes for their excellent performance, precision, and versatility. As the range is high-quality yet affordable, it is the perfect choice for people looking for top-class performance without spending too much.
Just when you thought the Burris scopes couldn’t get any better than TAC30, the company introduced its innovative MTAC rifle scope, designed to stand up to the tests of time. This scope comes with several improvements over the earlier versions. It features a light gathering glass, which was lacking in the TAC30. The use of better quality lenses with multi-coatings ensures that you get a clear and crisp picture from the dusk to dawn. Another marked improvement in MTAC is the separately-moving power ring, independent from the ocular bell. Let’s take a closer look at the features, pros, and cons.
Burris 200437 MTAC Features
The rifle scope is made of the highest quality materials. It has been tested thoroughly with industry standards for complete reliability and quality.
The scope comes with a reliable and durable one-piece outer tube that measures 30 mm. The machine is filled with nitrogen gas to ensure that your range stays waterproof and fog proof.
It comes with a CQ 5.56 illuminated reticle that has an individual eyepiece and power ring to accommodate the lens covers comfortably.
The rifle scope provides a generous eye relief up to four inches for comfortable sighting and shooting. If you wear glasses, shooting with this scope will be more pleased.
There is a double spring-tension system within the scope, and it holds the zero through the recoils, shocks, and vibrations.
The scope features easy to adjust MTAAC mil-rad knobs. You can change using your fingers to get precision adjustments.
The rifle scope has a specific elevation along with windage dials that can be calibrated to just one click. It can also be immediately reset to a ‘0’ after the rifle scope is sighted in.The MTAC comes with surprisingly clear glass for a rifle scope at this price. The real focus can be adjusted, and the optics can be customized for better vision.
- Burris’ MTAC Burris’ MTAC is an advanced combat optic that works excellent for military, law enforcement, or tactical shooters. The 1x power with generous eye relief enables the user to be aware of the surroundings while shooting..
- The illuminated reticle of the scope is much larger than any other ordinary cross hair. This design enables you to directly focus at the center dot soon after you pull it to make the shot.
- This tactical kit offers excellent value and makes the MTAC scope more effective at Close Quarter Combat situations and shorter distances. It also includes a FastFire III sight and mounts for AR.
- The instructions provide mildot ratings for different points within the reticle. The outer diameter of the large ring measures nine miles, and this may be used to estimate distances.
- The on/off switch that comes with scope is thoughtfully designed. You can see an ‘off’ switch with every ‘on’ switch as you increase the brightness level. This gives you the freedom to get back to the previous setting with one click.
- The manufacturer stands behind the product and offers a warranty for life. At this price, you get good value for money.CONS
- If you are used to audible turrets, you may be disappointed at this front because the MTAC turrets do not make any sound. It has a tangible click feel that can be seen, but it does not make any sound.
- Although the 1-4×24 mm gives you a vision of an extended range scope, it is not that long. If you are an experienced professional, you may be able to use it as advertised. However, if you are a regular shooter, the marks may be difficult to see..
- The adjustability of this scope is half of MOA, which may not be suitable for shooters who require more adjustability than what is offered at more extended range. While this is not an issue for people seeking a 1x power rifle scope, those looking for flexibility may be disappointed.
- The scope doesn’t come with a cover. While this is not a disadvantage, some users were not happy to find no protection in the package.
Why Buy The Burris 200437 MTAC 1-4 x 24 Illuminated Scope
When you look at the MTAC for the first time, you are bound to feel impressed. The 1x power optic comes with outstandingly bright picture quality along with a gorgeous red illuminated ring and dots that crop up while you are sighting. You may increase the magnification level to four times or six times the normal.
The reticle that comes with the scope can illuminate at ten different settings and it can be seen even when the device is switched off or the battery dies out. Below the center dot, you can find different holdover marks such as 200, 300, 400, and 500-yards. There are many T-marks that also go from the midpoint. Some shooters don’t approve of the reticle until they give it a try.There’s a reason why there is a thick and big ring surrounding the large dot at the center. Why is it there? The simple answer is speed. The MTAC owes its rate partly to the eye box and slightly to the clear glass. The eye box refers to the field of view or the specific area behind the rifle scope where your eye can move around while you can view through the optics.
Burris’ MTAC has one of the best quality eye boxes that is both large and easy on the eyes. We highly appreciate the quality and performance it offers at this price range.
Who Is The Burris 200437 MTAC 1-4 x 24 Illuminated Scope Ideal For?
If you are looking for a long-range scope that you can use to hit the target all day long, this product may not be suitable for you. The center dot you can see on the reticle measures 2.3 MOA, which means 2.3 inches at 100 yards. What we appreciate about the MTAC is that it allows you to get that thick and big ring on the target much quicker than any other product in the market.
How Does The Burris 200437 MTAC Stack Up Against Competition?
Comparing with Leupold VXR
The Leupold VXR makes use of a powered fiber optic to ensure that the center dot or Fire dot of the reticle does its job. The scope uses motion-sensing technology to switch off the illumination following five minutes of inactivity, and it illuminates as soon as it senses any motion. The lowest power magnification that Leupold offers is 1.25-4x20mm, which is slightly more than MTAC.
Comparing with Viper PST
The Viper PST is yet another competitor that offers a 1-6×24 scope with a brightness similar to the Burris MTAC. It is on the expensive side and provides the turrets to adjust the windage and elevation easily. This is more versatile as a long-range scope designed for people who wish to use their range for CQB or Close Quarter Combat.
Comparing with the Trijicon ACOG
The Advanced Combat Optical Gun sight or Trijicon ACOG is a fixed power scope built for combat. It operates exceptionally well in light, low as well as no light situations. The primary purpose of the range is to ensure that you can see and shoot in all light conditions.
The ACOG uses a fiber or tritium optic to illuminate the reticle and adjust the light settings based on the availability of light. Explicitly used for combat, the ACOG has a high price tag, which may be a cause for concern.
With the precision, performance, and versatility in one single product, it won’t be wrong to call the Burris 200437 MTAC 1-4 x 24 an ideal scope for hunting. The level of performance is almost identical to the ultra-premium ranges available in the market.
If you do not plan to use the scope for more than a month, we would suggest you remove the battery. While the MTAC does not add much weight to your rifle, it helps in improving the overall performance. Overall, we feel this scope can help you perform the toughest job with ease and has a reasonable price tag too.